Places to Stay
- Chris's Campground - A great spot to set up camp and relax. Also has a swimming pool.
- Spearfish City Campground - Gold Rush start/finish area and a few pedal strokes to downtown.
- Black Hills Adventure Lodging- Located in Deadwood SD, the official "Gold Rush" mining town, just 15 minutes to Spearfish. They have homes for rent right in or near Spearfish that can accommodate a Large group of people!
- Official Hotel Sponsor: Best Western Black Hills Lodge – Outdoor pool, new beer and wine lounge, great quality hotel, approx. 6-8 blocks from downtown and city park/campground. Also right next door to The Millstone diner...one of our favorite breakfast diners. Special rate of $104 per night (regular $139) with mention that you are participating in the Gold Rush Gravel Grinder.
- Killian's- If you are eating out, you definitely need to try out Killian's Tavern. They have a great selection of food, and are also a big sponsor of the Gold Rush Gravel Grinder. Located at 539 W Jackson Blvd. and open Mon. through Sat. from 11-10pm.
- Crow Peak Brewery- Support our local brewery and sponsor of the Gold Rush Gravel Grinder. Some of the best beers in the nation!!
- Common Grounds- We have a few coffee shops in Spearfish, but only one sponsors the Gold Rush Gravel Grinder! Stop by for your morning cup o' Joe, and check out their tasty breakfast, lunch, and diner menu!
- Sunshine Caffe- Located in the Good Earth health food store. Excellent, healthy meals!!
Local sponsors are what makes it possible to put on a top notch event! Please support these businesses while you are in town and keep the dream alive! Pedal Power
If you are visiting Spearfish for the first time you are in for a treat! There is plenty to do right in spearfish and the surrounding areas.
Things to do for the Family:
DC Booth historic Fish Hatchery! Right next to the race start/finish.
Iron Creek Lake store and campground. Just 13 miles from Spearfish, up in the hills you will find beautiful Iron Creek Lake. Great camping, swimming, and fishing...fun for the entire family!
Crow Peak and other area trails. Want to get out on a challenging, 7 mile roundtrip hike? Check out Crow Peak trail. It takes you to a summit with a beautiful view of the surrounding hills. There are also numerous other hiking destinations around the area for you to enjoy!